Thomas Nathan (* 1987, Backnang, DE) is working at the interface of design, media and art. He holds a Master degree in Social Design at the Design Academy Eindhoven (2016). Previously, he studied Audiovisual Media in Stuttgart, DE. As a crosser of disciplines, Nathan took on roles in cultural projects like the theatre play 'Yossel Rakovers Vendung tsu Got', performed at the Jewish Museum Berlin (stage projection, with Büro Achter April, 2014), or the magazine FROH! (videos, 2011 – 2013). Working for clients like BOSCH and Mercedes-Benz (graphics and video, with STERN+HUBER and Büro Achter April, 2012 – 2014) he gained experience with large-scale enterprises. Nathan's object works have been on show across Europe at Droog Amsterdam, the Dutch Design Week, Milan Design Week, Mint Gallery in London, Fracas Gallery in Brussels and more.
- 2018, COLLECT, Saatchi Gallery, London, represented by Mint Gallery, 22 – 25 Feb
- 2017, Dutch Design Week, Eindhoven, exhibition: Material Shift, 21 – 29 Oct
- 2017, Droog, Amsterdam, in-house collection, May – Dec
- 2017, FRACAS Gallery, Brussels, Jan – Jul
- 2017, Mint Gallery, London, exhibition: Metacraft, 12 May – Jun
- 2017, Milan Design Week, exhibition: Age of Man, Form&Seek collective, 4 – 9 Apr
- 2017, International Craft Fair, Munich, section: talents, 8 – 14 Mar
- 2017, OBJECT, Rotterdam, 10 – 12 Feb
- 2016, Dutch Design Week, Design Academy Eindhoven, graduation show, 22 – 30 Oct
Mentions in press etc.
- Radically Contemporary, Rosenthal's customer magazine, studio portrait
- Questioning Design, published by Design Academy Eindhoven, ISBN 978-94-91400-39-1, Article "Beyond Ideological Naitvety And Do-Goodism: Critical Reflections On Social Design" written by Michael Kaethler
- Talents 2017, catalogue of the exhibition held at International Craft Fair Munich, published by Verein zur Förderung des Handwerks e.V.
- designreport – Magazin für Form und Funktion, Sinn und Wert, issue 3/2017, page 44, "Mailand mal Oberflächlich"
- ELLE Decoration NL, issue 1/2017, article "Anne's Notebook" by Anne van der Zwaag, page 120
- ELLE Decoration NL, issue 6/2016, article "Live Studio – Aanstormend ontwerptalent van Dutch Design Week", page 31
- Interview with Monika Dorniak for Craft Readers
- In need of, Graduation Catalogue 2016, Design Academy Eindhoven, ISBN 978-94-91400-27-8
- 2014 – 2016, Design Academy Eindhoven, Social Design, Master of Arts
- 2009 – 2012, Media University Stuttgart, Audiovisual Media, Bachelor of Engineering